Seren Dress Pattern by Tilly and the Buttons
Keep cool this Summer in a breezy sundress you’ve made yourself. Seren has a flirty, seventies vibe, perfect for picnics in the park or dressing up for cocktails under the stars. Just add espadrilles and a straw hat for effortless style.
The Seren dress has a fitted bodice shaped with bust darts, with a separate waistband to cinch you in, flowing into a flared skirt. It has a button-down front, classic square neckline and shoulder straps wide enough to cover your bra.
Choose from knee-length or midi-length hemline, classic or tie-front bodice, or add the on-trend neckline flounce.
Like all Tilly and the Buttons sewing patterns, Seren includes jargon-busting instructions, helpful sewing tips, and colour photos showing you each step – making it easy for you to create gorgeous clothes you can be proud to say you made yourself.
SKILL LEVEL - Improvers
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Light- to medium-weight woven fabrics such as cotton lawn, chambray, shirting, seersucker, broderie anglaise, linen, viscose (rayon), crêpe de chine. If you’re making the flounce, choose a drapey fabric to keep it soft and flowy.
- Knee-length version: 2.2m (2 ½yd) x 150cm (60in) wide [0.2m (1/4yd) less without flounce] OR 2.7m (2 7⁄8yd) x 130cm (51in) wide [0.4m (3/8yd) less without flounce]
- Midi-length version: 2.5m (2¾yd) x 150cm (60in) wide [0.2m (1/4yd) less without flounce](fabric must be at least 130cm (51in) wide for knee-length version, 150cm (60in) wide for midi-length version)
- Matching thread
- 8m (1yd) interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
- 12-18mm (1/2-3/4in) wide buttons – 14 for knee-length version or 15 for midi-length version
- Sewing machine and basic tools, incl buttonhole foot